Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why is my computer so slow????

Ok, I don't really have much on the computer, I have Panda Anti-Virus which is really good, I frequently delete temporary files and cookies, do disk cleanup and run almost daily virus scans...but yet my computer is slow???? I don't know why? When we first re-booted windows it was super fast and it just bogged out slowly. I also have weird things that have happened like some things that I have installed AREN'T on my add/remove programs?? Can I reformat my hard drive? How if so? Should I reboot again? The first thing I downloaded after rebooting was Panda....could there still be a virus somewhere in there that it can't find? Also, are there really such things as good registry cleaners? Any free ones if so? Thanks!!!



Why is my computer so slow????



Try this site



http://www.speed-up-your-pc.com



Why is my computer so slow????antivirus downloads



sometime computer are slow
If PANDA is new, did you remove your old antivirus from the control panel / add remove programs. even though you may have an old expired AV, it is still probably running in the background. Remove it completely from your PC and I think you'll get better results. Also do you have an anti spyware? Spyware can cause a lot of slow down problems also.
I am a little wary of registry cleaners for fear of messing up the critical system info. Something that you havent mentioned doing is checking your fragmentation. Especially if you have been deleting a lot of stuff, its likely that the drive is cluttered and if it is, thats a reason for this slowdown. Check that out.
Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Cleaning up your desktop using ''desktop wizard'' (right click on desktop) will help. Also limiting the amout of start-up programs running in the background.
You may not have a virus but most likely have spyware or other junk if you spend much time online at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment