Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Have I made the right choice for my fish?

I bought 2 new panda butterfly fish and put them in my aquarium with my 3 goldfish and 2 shubunkin fish. They mixed really well and were living happily together. My 2 panda butterflies have now got white spot and the goldfish keep trying to suck at them (it looks like they are bullying the fish due to their white spot). This is alarming my 2 new fish as they are smaller than the goldfish and so I have separated the 2 new fish from the aquarium and have them in another tank. We are currently treating the water of both tanks for white spot. Have I done the right thing by separating them, I don't want the 2 new smaller fish to be attacked. Will I be OK to put them back in together once the white spot has gone?



Have I made the right choice for my fish?trojan



It sounds like you are treating for ICK, it will take 2 weeks to clear the ICK up. Yes seperating them was the right thing to do, sick fish do not need any extra stress. Watch the goldfish thought, they could end up with ICK to since they were in the same tank. Keep the lighs off in the sick tank as much as you can. The ICK parasites can't see in the dark to latch onto the fish. The goldfish may have been picking on your pandas because they were sick. Seperating them was the BEST thing to do.



Have I made the right choice for my fish?abtuvurys 2005



The bigger goldfish were picking on the smaller ones not because of the Ich but because they were smaller.



You should have quarantined the new fish before puttingthem together. Separating them what you should do but now you need to medicate 2 tanks for Ich.

No comments:

Post a Comment